Monday, April 16, 2012

Mars Rover Kata

Today, I have completed the Mars Rover Kata. Below are my notes:

  • It took me about two hours to complete. The kata was not overly difficult by itself. However, it may be difficult depending on one's learning focus.
  • I took a very object-oriented approach to the problem. I wrote separate classes for the rover, grid, and location points.
  • I am not sure whether I followed DRY principles correctly. I would like to find someone to review my code. If you are interested in helping me out, please send me an e-mail. Alternatively, you could practice writing test cases to see whether my code will pass them. I have only written one test case, because my learning focus is not TDD.
  • I would like to find a program that could detect duplicate code and point it out to me. If anyone is aware of such a program, feel free to shoot me an e-mail. :)

P.S. I would have to say that my level of self-awareness of copying code was stuck somewhere between II and III during this kata. Please see what the levels mean in my learning plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment