Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Light Light - a Simple Flashlight Application for Android

After a 5-minute search around Google Play for a simple flashlight app led me nowhere, I decided to make my own, Light LightThe app simply toggles your Android device's camera flash LED so that you can use your phone as a flashlight. Also, it has a setting for turning the flash on by default when the app starts. I didn't find many apps that do this, and I thought it would be a nice feature to have, because if you are starting a flashlight app, chances are you want the light to turn on ASAP.

The app does require two permissions - CAMERA and INTERNET. CAMERA is used for access to the camera flash, while INTERNET is used for displaying ads. If the ads bother you, there's a simple setting to turn them off - feel free to do so. The app does not collect any data whatsoever or use the INTERNET permission for anything else. There are never any notifications. Please give it a try and let me know what you think.


1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with the article that communication skills are necessary, and also, you ought to never overlook them—pay special interest to your communication abilities and customer support. Make yourself find and reach out to customers even after completing the task to be a successful java programming software developer.

    ReplyDelete