Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Smartphone Development - Week 12 - Project WordLord

My plan for the future:
  • The game's initial reception did not go as expected. There has been under 10 downloads of the demo version and just 1 download of the paid version. My goal was to make back the Google Play store publisher fee of $25. Hopefully, the application will help me to achieve this goal in the long run.
  • I would like to implement different game modes and include additional features.
  • I would like to create a website for WordLord where users can share custom word lists. The word lists can be upvoted or downvoted, with the most popular lists displayed first. The website would allow users of the full version of WordLord to easily find word lists to expand the game with.
  • I would like to collect more feedback from the user base. Perhaps this would explain why the game's launch was not as successful as anticipated.
  • I would like to advertise the application on more websites and perhaps on campus of my university.
  • Should the paid version fail, I will release an ad-supported version.

I have made a new video to showcase WordLord. It is shorter than the old one. The video is available here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMPFWh5VJ_E

WordLord is now available on the Amazon Appstore: http://www.amazon.com/Borys-Boyko-WordLord/dp/B008QTR0IW

No comments:

Post a Comment